Yin Yoga Training by Paulie Zink - Yin Yoga Founder

Breaking

Friday, January 24, 2020

Yin Yoga Training by Paulie Zink


Yin Yoga The Healing Art of Paulie Zink

Yin Yoga - The Healing Art of Paulie Zink By Eileen Kragie

When I first learned about Yin yoga the healing art, I purchased Sarah Powers’ DVD and then I read Paul Grilley’s book…But the first workshop I attended with Paulie Zink showed me what this practice he teaches is really all about. It is not simply a quiet practice of long, still holds. That is the foundation from which evolves the ability to move fluidly and gracefully from posture to posture. The full practice invokes the energetic of animals and so much more. The five elements of the Chinese medical system are explored through the practice in a variety of ways. The workshop concluded with a walking meditation of the birthing cycle of the five transforming energies. At the end of it I could feel the chi (life force) radiating between my hands and my body was invigorated and full of energy.




The first time I met Paulie Zink I asked him, “were you always this flexible?’ He answered, “No, I had average flexibility as a teenager. I started practicing Hatha yoga in my teens and grew some; but it wasn’t until I met my master when I was in college and really started training intensively that my flexibility developed to the point where it is now. The style of kung fu that was handed down to me required extraordinary flexibility to master it. I practiced six to eight hours a day for ten years.”

After attending several week-long training sessions with Paulie I feel I am only beginning to scratch the surface and to experience the true depth of this practice… and the fun! Becoming attuned to the seasons and the alchemical elements has changed how I move through my days. Every moment is an opportunity to practice and to learn from the animals and nature around me. Growing and preserving my flexibility, strength and fluid movement, and also developing a deeper connection with everything around me, has become an integral part of my life.

The Tao of Paulie

The complete art of Yin yoga taught by its founder master Paulie Zink goes far beyond that image of Yin yoga as it is commonly held by many yoga practitioners and teachers. This is a dynamic potent practice. It is a healing art and one designed to restore the primal nature of the practitioner- that nature which is curious, strong, adaptable and instinctual. Being awake to one’s primal nature means being fully present in the body without the distraction of abstract analytical thought processes and self limiting preconceptions.

Paulie’s Yin yoga is rooted in the traditional Taoist healing arts of China which….
Read the full article here: https://bit.ly/2tEqRuy

No comments:

Post a Comment